ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Serves: 12
- Yield: 1 batch granola
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, COOKED
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (black or white)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and salt.
- Melt the butter, honey, and molasses in a small heatproof bowl. Stir in the vanilla, and pour over the oat mixture. Toss well to combine.
- Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and give it a stir. If it\'s looking dry, add 1-2 tablespoons more of honey.
- Return to the oven for 10ish minutes until it looks golden.
- Let it cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes. Then stir in chocolate chips. Keep in an airtight container, if you\'re going camping, store in a large freezer bag that seals well.