ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 50m
- Yield: 24 crackers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup extra dark Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup turbindado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup European butter, chilled and diced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with a Silpat.
- In the bowl of a Kitchenaid, combine the flours, cocoa powder, turbinado sugar, salt, and baking soda. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the diced butter and pulse until a coarse meal forms, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the honey, water, molasses and vanilla extract and mix until the dough clumps together and form a ball, which will happen quickly.
- If the dough is very soft, pop into the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll out one-third of the dough at a time between two pieces of wax paper. Roll it until it\'s slightly less than 1/4\" thick.
- Slice into rectangles.
- Use a large metal spatula to gently move them to the prepared baking sheet, and use a fork to prick holes all over.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, until they\'re dry on the surface and the edges are starting to darken. You\'ll also smell the chocolate pretty strongly.
- Store in an airtight container for 1 week.