- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 15m
- Serves: 10 slices
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 3 tablespoons of black sesame seeds, plus more for topping the bread with
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 4 very ripe bananas, plus half a banana cut lengthwise for topping the bread with
- 1 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1 scoop Biochem vanilla protein powder
- 1 scoop Biochem coffee protein powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grapeseed (or vegetable) oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups (lightly packed) brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly toast the black sesame seeds in a pan over medium heat until fragrant, but be careful not to burn them.
- In a food processor, add the black sesame seeds and blend until the seeds turn into fine grain. As you process the oils will release from the seeds and the paste will begin to clump up. Add the honey and process until you have a smooth paste.
- Pour into a stand mixer with the beater attachment and add bananas. Mix until you have a smooth puree.
- Add brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, protein powders, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Mix in the flour mixture into the wet puree by adding 1/3 of the flour at a time and incorporate gently before adding more flour. Slowly and gently mix until flour is completely combined.
- Oil a 9×5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Pour batter into the oiled and lined pan and sprinkle the top with black sesame seeds. Gently lay the banana slice, slice side up, over the top of the batter. Bake for about 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Leave a Reply