People often ask me how I know where to eat and where all the
cool hipster SF spots are. The truth is that I spend an embarrassingly large amount of time scouring the interwebz for anything related to food, desserts, and San Francisco and then I drag the next available friend to come with me.
I decided I’ll start saving you all that time blog lurking I do and give you a list each week of places and events to check out over the weekend. The starred ones mean I’ll be eating and/or drinking there. If you feel like joining, drop me a line!
Pizzahacker Pop-Up at Vinyl (NoPa)
• This guy hacks pizza. What more do you need? More info here.
Hands-on Soda Fountain Class at Ice Cream Bar
• Learn how to make your own, courtesy of Sosh. Get tickets here.
Oktoberfest by the Bay (North Beach) *
• Pretend you’re in Germany for one, two, or three days! Tickets here.
Oysters on the Half-Shell Fridays at El Rio (Mission)
• Come at 5:30pm for a happy hour drink and free oysters to slurp. More info here.
Gnome Week at Biergarten in Hayes Valley
• I’m not exactly sure what this entails, but beer. More info here.
Polk Street Blues Festival (Polk)
• Get your blues on with local food trucks on the scene today and Sunday. More info here.
Exploratorium Market Days: Savor Faire (Pier 15)
• Learn the historic and geographic origins of herbs, spices, and more at this free, hands-on event. More info here.
Kronnerburger Pop-Up at The Mill *
• Josey the Baker will be making the buns – dinner is served. More info here.
Greek Food Festival in the Mission
• Don’t forget to bring your coupon! Get it here.
Free Sunday BBQ at Molotov’s
• Retro, free, and recurring. More info here.
Off the Grid at the Presidio
• SF summer is fleeting, so get out and enjoy that big blue thing (sky?!?!) while you can. More info here.
Wait–ARE YOU SERIOUS? THIS IS AMAZING!!! Can you do this for Houston? And then move here? Or I’ll move to SF. Seriously. The quality of research in this post–A+++. I want to go to ALL OF THESE.