People often ask me how I know where to eat and where all the
cool hipster SF spots are. The truth is that I spend an embarrassingly large amount of time scouring the interwebz for anything related to food, desserts, and San Francisco and then I drag the next available friend to come with me.
I decided I’ll start saving you all that time blog lurking I do and give you a list each week of places and events to check out over the weekend. The starred ones mean I’ll be eating and/or drinking there. If you feel like joining, drop me a line!
Pizzahacker Pop-Up at Vinyl (NoPa)
• This guy hacks pizza. What more do you need? More info here.
Hands-on Soda Fountain Class at Ice Cream Bar
• Learn how to make your own, courtesy of Sosh. Get tickets here.
Oktoberfest by the Bay (North Beach) *
• Pretend you’re in Germany for one, two, or three days! Tickets here.
Oysters on the Half-Shell Fridays at El Rio (Mission)
• Come at 5:30pm for a happy hour drink and free oysters to slurp. More info here.
Gnome Week at Biergarten in Hayes Valley
• I’m not exactly sure what this entails, but beer. More info here.
Polk Street Blues Festival (Polk)
• Get your blues on with local food trucks on the scene today and Sunday. More info here.
Exploratorium Market Days: Savor Faire (Pier 15)
• Learn the historic and geographic origins of herbs, spices, and more at this free, hands-on event. More info here.
Kronnerburger Pop-Up at The Mill *
• Josey the Baker will be making the buns – dinner is served. More info here.
Greek Food Festival in the Mission
• Don’t forget to bring your coupon! Get it here.
Free Sunday BBQ at Molotov’s
• Retro, free, and recurring. More info here.