PORTLAND TRAVELS ARE COMING. I promise. But it won’t fit into one post and it is taking me quite some time to sort and organize through over a hundred photos, so y’all will have to stay tuned until next week.
One thing from Portland that I can bring to this post today is how inspiring it was to walk around in a new city and feel instantly at home. People are so creative in a non-techy way that it made me even more excited talk food with y’all and geek out over pastries.
This has been a pretty hectic month with moving, traveling, and general debauchery, but there is always time for some restaurants and bloggers that never cease to motivate me and make me full.
Eats and treats!
- While I nostalgically write up my Portland posts, check out the PDX adventures of my lovely blogger friend Erica over at the Pancake Princess. We went to a lot of the same places – great (and hungry) people think alike!
- I entered an Instagram challenge a couple weeks back through Luna Bar and won! This was the photo I submitted.
- Because it is never too summery for a brownie, this peanut butter brownie swirl sundae from Zainab is pretty drool-worthy.
- I recently connected with Ala from Wallflour Girl, a Berkeley alum (go Bears!) who balances blogging, cooking, and grad school like a boss. When she wrote about compost cookies, I died. Because y’all KNOW how I feel about compost cookies.
- Not only am I obsessed with the Minimalist Baker, I own literally everything in this recipe from that Trader Joe’s bourbon to the ice cream maker, so I don’t know what else to do in my life than to make this ice cream.
- Michelle of Hummingbird High is a Portlandian (!!) blogger, and in true PDX fashion, celebrated National Doughnut Day with an amazing recipe that made me wish I were back nomming at Blue Star Donuts.
- I am eating here on Thursday this week – have any of you been? What should I order?!