PORTLAND TRAVELS ARE COMING. I promise. But it won’t fit into one post and it is taking me quite some time to sort and organize through over a hundred photos, so y’all will have to stay tuned until next week.
One thing from Portland that I can bring to this post today is how inspiring it was to walk around in a new city and feel instantly at home. People are so creative in a non-techy way that it made me even more excited talk food with y’all and geek out over pastries.
This has been a pretty hectic month with moving, traveling, and general debauchery, but there is always time for some restaurants and bloggers that never cease to motivate me and make me full.
Eats and treats!
- While I nostalgically write up my Portland posts, check out the PDX adventures of my lovely blogger friend Erica over at the Pancake Princess. We went to a lot of the same places – great (and hungry) people think alike!
- I entered an Instagram challenge a couple weeks back through Luna Bar and won! This was the photo I submitted.
- Because it is never too summery for a brownie, this peanut butter brownie swirl sundae from Zainab is pretty drool-worthy.
- I recently connected with Ala from Wallflour Girl, a Berkeley alum (go Bears!) who balances blogging, cooking, and grad school like a boss. When she wrote about compost cookies, I died. Because y’all KNOW how I feel about compost cookies.
- Not only am I obsessed with the Minimalist Baker, I own literally everything in this recipe from that Trader Joe’s bourbon to the ice cream maker, so I don’t know what else to do in my life than to make this ice cream.
- Michelle of Hummingbird High is a Portlandian (!!) blogger, and in true PDX fashion, celebrated National Doughnut Day with an amazing recipe that made me wish I were back nomming at Blue Star Donuts.
- I am eating here on Thursday this week – have any of you been? What should I order?!
Daniela @ FoodrecipesHQ says
Great inspirations! I look forward to reading about your time in Portland. 🙂
Thanks Daniela – have you ever been?
How hot are you?!? I cannot WAIT to read about your adventures in Portland. Take me back! What an awesome city.
Congrats on winning that instagram competition–such a boss!! And that’s so awesome that you met up with Ala!!
– EriKa (smh girl)
Yeaa Ala is so great – us bloggers gotta stick together! I JUST put up Portland posts – so much to eat there!
Thanks for including me here!! That bourbon ice cream is making my stomach growl.
Girl, with posts like that, I can’t NOT put you there!
Lawyer Loves Lunch says
I heart La Note so much. It bums me out that the two babies aren’t willing to brave the uber long lines so their mamma can get her brunch on! Oh, and I wandered on by from Dixya’s blog and your pictures are lovely! 🙂
Awww brunch is no joke, so standing in line is like all or nothing. You will have to train them to brave the crazy lines in the name of a good meal. So nice of you to mosey on by, thank you so much! Can’t wait to read your posts as well!
Daww, girl! Thanks for including me again among all these really amazing bloggers–including yourself! We still need to chat soon 🙂 hope your new apartment moving and stuff is going swimmingly, and lmk when’s good for a little tete-a-tete!
I just pinged you on Facebook! things are little less crazy now so we definitely need to chat food, business, and other fun stuff!
Nancy @ gottagetbaked says
Yay, I love that you got to meet Ala and I’m jealous you guys live near each other! Were you in Portland at the same time as Erika? It would be so awesome to meet both of you. I can’t wait to hear all about your trip and the delicious foods you ate.
Erika and I missed each other by 2 WEEKS AUGH. But her posts gave me a good sense of where to go, and I just published my PDX post today – 1 of 3 – I literally ate so much it wouldn’t fit in one post. Have you ever been to Portland?