Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see no way
And all of the ghouls come out to play
I hope everyone gets to spend this long weekend in the company of loved ones – friends, family, puppies. In the spirit of the holiday, I’ve put together some things here and there that make me truly thankful. In the lowest of lows, it’s too easy to focus on the darkness. But as my lady Florence sings, there’s always darkness before the dawn. Lists like these help remind me of the lightness ahead:
- Friends who text me out of bed every morning
- Last-minute road trips – I’ll be in Venice Beach this weekend, so send me recs!
- Sunday night Indian food
- This mix
- Afternoon phone calls to remind me that there is always someone out there to love my intense, whacky, emotive personality no matter what
- This article. Also this one.
- Being a hoarder
- A revamped inspiration board to wake up to
- YouTube dance tutorials to make it look like I know what I’m doing
- Flowers delivered from across the country, just because
Happy Thanksgiving y’all.