One month into 2016 and I already feel like it’s been a lifetime since last year! It’s amazing how different one can feel after being so active to learn from past happenings and resolving to move forward.
While I wouldn’t say I’m always at 100 percent, I can say that I’ve been feeling on the up and up. It’s not an easy process, but then again, when is it ever, especially when it comes rebuilding?
One key point I’ve taken to heart recently is that when someone wasn’t there for you, it only means you never needed them in the first place. So surrounding myself with badass friends and/as family, I’m super thankful for the following:
- Dancing in the sand, jumping off cliffs and eating $1 tacos with some of my favorite people in Mexico
- Signing up for my first full marathon! Get the Nike running app to track my progress as I train.
- Friend dates – catch me at Lolinda tonight for SF Restaurant Week
- This movie, for being raw, hilarious, and accurate
- Afternoon yoga classes to restore
- This shirt – an easy new favorite
- Kanye’s Twitter rants – validation that we’re all crazy at some point (although for Yeezy it might be all the time)
- The Missy Elliot protégé that is definitely on my running playlist
- Having this dessert-loving lady back in town
- Quinoa – a life-saving, protein-rich food on a budget
- Rainy days, which make for cozy mornings
- Not waiting in line for Plow
- Having visitors so I can play tourist (and local) this weekend
With Rihanna’s new album plugged in, lezgo!