It is exactly two months until I run my first marathon. How I feel about this fact: Terrified, anxious, and sore. Like constantly sore. Like I’m getting massages every two weeks and stocking up on Aleve and vitamin B as if the apocalypse is near—which could be true if race day doesn’t bode well for me.
In addition to my panic and regular training, I’ve been trying to find other ways to stay healthy and energized. I’m a swimmer, so running is really taking its toll on my body. With the additions of my regular job, blogging, meeting friends, and preparing for Harry Potter trivia (which is an ultra-serious matter), I often find myself stretched thin for time and sleep, two things which are crucial to staying fit for the marathon.
Two other very important components of training are staying hydrated and replenishing nutrients, which become quickly depleted in long runs from sweating so damn much. Water no longer cuts it, so I turned to local business Project Juice to give me a boost.
Not naturally a “juice” person (y’all in SF know what kind of person that is), I found myself utilizing Project Juice because they are so much more than juice. By asking a few questions, they honed in on which juices would actually complement my lifestyle and enhance my well being. My custom pack, which I now drink regularly, includes the following:
- Green Ginger: I’m a big fan of ginger, so this is a good one after a late night out.
- Tumeric Lemonade: Tumeric is very popular in India, so this was a no-brainer.
- Swizz Beetz: The name is good; the taste is even better.
- Cashew Mylk: A good afternoon snack at work instead of chips or something sugary.
- Chocolate Protein: My post-run fuel, loaded with nutrients.
- Get Up and Go: Another post-run drink, especially in the mornings when I wake up early before work.
I’m still panicky and anxious about the race, but I feel a lot more energized thanks to Project Juice. I want to share my experience with you, so visit their website and use promo code SHIKHALAMODE to get 10% off any prepared pack or custom pack of juices! I’d love to hear what juices you like the best, so leave me a comment and let me know!