ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 50m
- Serves: 10
- Yield: A quart of jam
- 1000 grams blackberries, whole
- 300 grams granulated sugar
- 3 Meyer lemons
- Thoroughly wash berries and put into a large pot (I used a crockpot).
- Juice and zest all three lemons. Add into pot along with the sugar.
- Heat on medium-high until mixture reaches a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium so that the berries are at a gentle boil. At this point, place 3 spoons in the freezer.
- Cook the berries for 15-20 minutes, until the top and sides start to jam up. Stir regularly to prevent scorching.
- Check to see if the jam is done by placing a small amount on one of the frozen spoons. Return spoon to freezer for 5 minutes. Jam is done when it doesn\'t run off the spoon.
- Cool jam to room temperature before storing in sterile containers. It\'ll keep basically forever when stored properly in the fridge.