- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 15m
- Serves: 6
- Yield: 1 large bowl of mousse
- 170 grams 6oz (1 cup) white chocolate chips
- 300 grams (1.25 cups) heavy cream
- 2 yolks
- 120 grams (2-3 medium) Strawberries
- Extra strawberries, for garnish
- Puree 120g of the strawberries in a food processor (if you don\'t have one, you can also chop them up finely). Strain out solids (optional, if you used the food processor), and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip cream on medium until you\'ve reached semi-stiff peaks. Transfer into another bowl and put in the fridge until ready to use.
- Clean and dry the stand mixer bowl. Add the yolks and whisk on medium-high speed until they are light and fluffy and doubled in volume, 5-6 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a large heatproof bowl and set over a pot of simmering water on the stove. Melt, stirring frequently, until all the chips have melted down. Remove from heat.
- When chocolate is slightly above body temperature (it should still feel warm), whisk in berry puree or pieces.
- Use a spatula to fold in the yolks.
- Then take whipped cream out of the fridge and fold in so that no streaks remain.
- Pour mousse into bowls or molds and chill until set, at least 1 hour. Serve with extra strawberries.
Leave a Reply