ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:30m
- Yield: 15 muffins
- 130 grams (1.5 cups) rolled oats
- 240 grams (1 cup) whole milk (or dairy-free alternative)
- 120 grams (1 cup) spelt (can use whole-wheat or AP flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick (56g) unsalted butter, melted
- 55 grams (1/4 cup) almond oil (or canola oil)
- 120 grams (1/2 cup) crunchy almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 170 grams (1/2 cup) honey
- Sliced plums, unsweetened coconut flakes, cocoa nibs, and sprinkles, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Spray two standard-sized muffin trays and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats and milk and set aside while you're doing everything else.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the spelt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, oil, almond butter, vanilla, eggs, and honey until smooth. Whisk in the oats/milk mixture.
- Dump in all the flour mixture at once, and whisk until combined.
- Scoop into muffin tins, filling each tin three-quarters full. Sprinkle with your topping of choice—plum slices, cocoa nibs, coconut flakes, or sprinkles.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, around 15 minutes. Cool muffins on a wire rack that's set on the counter, NOT on top of the oven. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.