ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 11m
- Total Time: 35m
- Yield: 40 cookies
- 8 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 8 1/2 ounces bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 10 ounces brown sugar
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds of milk, dark, and white chocolate chips
- 1 pinch Pinch sea salt
- Put all dry ingredients except for sea salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Drop chocolate pieces in and incorporate them without breaking them.
- Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.
- Weigh and scoop dough into 40-gram balls onto baking sheet. Roll them into balls and press down slightly so they become a disc-shape.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until the edges are a golden brown but the middle is still an off-white color, 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool in the pan for about a minute. THEN slip the cookies onto a wire rack to cool until you want to eat them.