ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
- Prep Time:35m
- Cook Time:1h
- Total Time:1h 35m
- Serves: 12
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (15 oz) coconut milk
- 1 stick (113 grams or 4 oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) sugar
- 2 3/4 cups (16 oz) mochiko flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 -4 cinnamon sticks
- Raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and cinnamon sticks until milk is scalding. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, thoroughly mix together the wet ingredients: coconut milk, cinnamon-infused milk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients to the dry mix, and mix until batter is smooth. Small lumps are OK.
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with butter, then pour the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bite-size squares.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries before serving.