ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h
- Serves: 10
- Yield: 1 cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 250 milliliters (1 cup) honey
- 150 grams (1.25 cups) spelt (can use AP flour instead)
- 150 grams (1.25 cups) AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a cast iron skillet and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes.
- Lower speed to medium-low and add eggs, mixing well and scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Pour in honey.
- Reduce speed tot low and add in all the dry ingredients. Mix until batter has come together and there are no dry spots. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Pour batter into prepared cast iron skillet. Arrange pear slices on top in a decorative pattern and place skillet in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving warm.