ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 35m
- Yield: 1 loaf pan of ice cream
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- In a medium-sized heavy saucepan, heat the blueberries with the sugar over medium heat until they are broken down, about 10 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and continue to cook until the mixture is scalding at the top (it should not be boiling). Stir with a wooden spoon to avoid burning the bottom.
- Pour the mixture into a blender (it\'ll still be hot, that\'s okay), and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl, and add in the lemon juice and coconut cream. Use a whisk to stir everything together until it is smooth.
- Pour into an airtight container, cover, and refrigerate at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Spin according to your ice cream maker\'s instructions and serve.