- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Yield: 9-12 bars
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (130g) uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond butter
- 1/3 cup (114g) honey
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper with enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the bars from the pan.
- In a large bowl, stir all the ingredients together until evenly combined. I found that using my KitchenAid was best for this as the final mixture is pretty thick and difficult to mix by hand.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press very firmly into an even layer. You want it packed in as tight as possible. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 1 more hour.
- Remove bars from the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into bars. Individually wrap each bar in plastic wrap or parchment and store at room temperature for 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply