ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
- Prep Time:20h
- Cook Time:40m
- Total Time:1h
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 1 9'inch clafouti
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 pints blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use 1 Tbsp of the melted butter to grease 9-inch cast iron skillet.
- Place the blackberries in a single layer in the bottom of the skillet.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, or in a food processor, mix together flour, sugar, and salt. (you can also do this by hand with a whisk)
- Add in eggs, the remaining 2 Tbsp of melted butter, almond extract, and seeds from half the vanilla bean. Slowly pour in milk and whisk until well combined (in a food processor, you'll blend until completely smooth).
- Pour everything over blackberries in the skillet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the sides are a golden brown and custard has puffed up. The middle might still looked uncooked, but if it's firm to touch, it's done.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled with powdered sugar or whipped cream.