It’s Wednesday, and lezbereal, we all need a little pick-me-up right now, amirite? Lucky for me, I have my happiness this week in the form of a little Chihuahua- dachshund puppy named Reginald. Technically, I’m dogsitting him, but I may never give him back. Ever. He is mine.
What was I talking about? Right, this banana tiramisu. Being in San Francisco, we all know and love things in jars. With Valentine’s Day fast approaching (ugh, or hurrah, depending on your stance), I thought this would make a cute little dessert for two that can easily be assembled, transported, and devoured. I created two different layering arrangements, but make your own and show me your moves to pick this thang up!
The chocolate I used was an espresso flavor from Ecuador, but feel free to use any chocolate you wish. My only real piece of advice, if you can call it that, is to not skip on the Kahlua, you know how much I luh dat stuff.
The perfect pick-me-up.
Banana Kahlua Tiramisu
- In a medium bowl, combine the mascarpone and powdered sugar and mix with a whisk or fork until well combined. Set aside.
- Slice bananas and set aside. Chop chocolate into bite-sized chunks.
- Slice the ladyfingers into pieces so that they will fit inside the jar. For me, this was about 2/3 of the cookie, but it will differ based on the jar you use.
- Pour the Kahlua into a small bowl and dip the ladyfingers on both sides. BE LIBERAL. This is the best part.
- In your glass or jar, layer the ingredients however you wish. I started with a layer of the sweetened mascarpone, ladyfingers, and banana, and repeated that until the top, where I added the chopped chocolate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.