Happy Halloween! I’m in a plane right now, jet set to a Lone Star Land for a little work+play. I hope you all are dressing up tonight and getting ready for some scary (but relatively safe) fun.
I thought I’d round out this autumn month with some of my favorite links from around the web that I’ve been loving, and I hope you love too! I’ll be back on Monday with some Weekend E.A.T.s and slew of November recipes to share.
- Pumpkin maple flan brings together the best of October and Día de los Muertos.
- Pumpkin spice doughnut muffins from my girl over at this blog are just all yes.
- An apple pie smoothie from another SF dweller because why don’t we always put pies in smoothies?
- I’ve had my eye on The Vestry since it opened, and now they have brunch, too!
- Brenda’s Soul Food Kitchen is worth the wait for those beignet flights.
- I’ve been wanting to eat at The Cavalier, so someone take me, plz.
Food for Thought:
- This tweet by Aaron Paul only reinforces that he is utterly amazing and so are cookies.
- What’s the deal with pop-ups? Read on.
- Cookbooks have trailers now, which is some fantastic marketing if done right. Case in point: Mast Brothers Chocolate.
- I don’t care what you say, I still love Mason Jars.
** Not food related, but noteworthy: The 20th anniversary of “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and why it’s still a piece of art.