In varied attempts to stay organized, I often surrender to to-do lists and obsessive Google calendar invites. But one thing I almost never surrender to is timing. But when I read this article at the beginning of the month, I’ve since redefined my attitude toward all my goals and am slowly (slowly!) letting life happen.
A big part of my life as of late has been working on my blog more than ever – check out the new look! I’ve also been throwing myself into interviews, coffee meetings, and everything in between; and I can finally say that I’ll be starting a new job soon and I couldn’t be more excited!
The last three months have been stressful for so many reasons. But as the article states, all you can really do is put ideas into action and trust the timing. It might implode, but it also can lead to something great – and that’s something I truly feel thankful for this month.
Some other things that have me smiling:
- My spontaneous trip to Hawaii with my mom – went scuba diving and learned how to (badly) surf!
- Often, which is pretty much my entire lexicon in an app. Having too much fun texting Rihanna lyrics to friends.
- Super Duper – a highly underrated burger
- This coffeeshop, for letting me park out for hours on end
- Friday mid-morning yoga classes
- Vioin covers of popular songs
- Judd Apatow’s Netflix series “Love “ – awkwardly raunchy and perfect
- Cooking dinner with friends
- Creative birthday parties – Spin class and a murder mystery!
- Sunday photo shoots (thanks Lauren!)
- The Destiny’s Child song “So Good.” Because duh.