Wait, it’s October? When did that happen? I’M NOT READY.
But somehow, I’m ready for all the awesome food events this weekend, and I hope you are too! Asterisks mean you’ll find me there, so shoot me an email if you’d like to nom on. This is the season where San Francisco shines, and trust me, you don’t want to miss out, ESPECIALLY with…
Simmr’s The Rice is Right, hosted by Onigilly (FiDi) *
This Monday fro 7-8:30pm, learn how to press, fill, and wrap the perfect rice ball two different ways. You will have four fillings to choose from (vegan and gluten-free options available) and enjoy Japanese snacks during the class. Not only will you have an insider’s look into the history of Onigilly, there will be a couple surprise items served AND a raffle AND you take home everything you make!
There are only 8 seats left – grab one and grab one for a friend here. See you there!
Sharktoberfest NightLife at Academy of Sciences (GG Park) *
– We all know that sharks are the coolest animals in the world. Now, you can reinvigorate your love for them while also trying local brewskis from Almanac, Drakes, 21st Amendment, and more. Get your ticket and I’ll see you there.
Dollar Beers at Glaze Teriyaki (Lower Pac Heights)
– Moar beer! This time, it’s only 1 dollar from 6pm to close. Don’t forget to nosh on the new spicy-yaki wings too. More info here.
Chocolate & Candlelight Yoga at Laughing Lotus (Mission)
– It doesn’t get much more SF than this. Open your senses and refocus your mind while sampling a batch from Dandelion Chocolate at 8:30pm. Stretch it out here.
Rock n’ Roll Pizza at the Mill (NOPA) *
– Homemade ‘za by Josey and the fab crew while grooving to the Beatles – twist and shout! More info here.
First Fridays in Downtown Oakland (Off 19th St BART)
– Held on the first Friday of every month, artists, music lovers, dancers, and food trucks gather to take over Telegraph and enjoy the night. Grab dinner from Liba Falafel, Tacos Oaxaca, Tamales Acapulco, or lezbereal, all of them. More info here.
Yonsei Ramen Shop Pop-up at Hopscotch (Oakland)
– Oakland is rocking this weekend, and these noodles are back! Slurp on some veggie or bacon (!) ramen at the late-night pop-up, which runs from 10pm-1am. There are no reservations, but we all know that we’ll do almost anything for a bowl of brothy goodness. More info here.
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival (GG Park)
– Go back to your ‘Murrican roots with a three-day fest of all things folksy and amazing. Best of all, it’s free! There will be over 50 local food vendors participating as well. More info here.
Bacon Butter Burger at Maverick (Mission)
– Best. Brunch. Ever. Here.
Plated with Russell Jackson at Embarcadero Center (Downtown)
– The popular series is back with an interview and demo by Russell Jackson of Food Network fame. The first 100 people get tastings – the event is free but don’t forget to RSVP here.
Seoul Patch Pop-up at Serpentine (Dogpatch)
– Grab dinner from this Korean resto that serves SF takes on bibimbap, Korean pancakes, and more. Starts at 6:30pm. Check out the menu here.
Free Hot Dog Day at Frankenart Mart (Richmond)
– Get quirky and eat a free hot dog at this tiny art gallery. Veggie dogs are available too! More info here.