Chocolate Ginger Pudding with Pecans
Created by Shikha on November 8, 2020
ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden"Please follow and like us:
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- Yield: 6-8 bowls of pudding
- 115 grams (4oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 57 grams (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temp
- 485 grams (2 cups) whole milk
- 230 grams (1 cup) heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 grams (2 Tbsp) AP flour
- 20 grams (3 Tbsp) cocoa powder
- 67 grams (1/3 cup) sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 cup pecans, lightly chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, flour, ginger, and salt. Add the egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine the cream and milk. Bring to a scald and remove from heat.
- Start streaming a small amount of the hot dairy into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking. Continue whisking in the milk mixture until most of the liquid has been incorporated into the eggs.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and place the pot over medium-low heat. Whisk constantly for 8-10 minutes, until the mixture is really thick. Remove from the heat and immediately whisk in the butter for 30 seconds or so.
- Add in the chocolate and keep whisking until most of the chocolate is incorporated (if you want a smooth pudding, keep whisking so the chocolate is completely melted in, but I prefer having tiny shards in my pudding).
- Transfer the pudding to four bowls and cover. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Leave a Reply