- Prep Time: 3h
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 3h 30m
- Serves: 6
- Yield: 6 small tarts
For the crust:
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 25 grams hazelnut flour
- 150 grams unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- ¾ cup pure mango puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
For the filling:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flours and salt. Add in cold butter and mix until butter resembles large peas. Drizzle in ice-cold water a tablespoon at a time, waiting at least 30 seconds in between until dough comes together. Do this slowly, as you don\'t want to add too much water.
- Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- When dough is well chilled, prepare a lightly floured surface and roll out dough into a large circle. Cut out enough rounds to fit your mini tart rings.
- Shape your tart rings and lightly score the bottom with a fork. Pop back in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove tart rings from fridge and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Set aside to cool while making filling.
- In a large bowl, combine the 4 egg yolks, condensed milk, mango puree, and salt and whisk until well combined. Pour evenly into cooled tart shells.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until middle barely jiggles. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Set oven to broil and set oven rack to the highest position.
- Place egg whites, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a completely clean, dry stand mixer. Place over a pot of simmering water and whisk constantly until mixture is slightly above room temperature to the touch.
- Remove from stove and set up the whisk attachment. Whisk on medium-high until egg whites become glossy and peaks hold their shape firmly.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe onto the cooled tarts with a design of your choice.
- Put tarts into the prepared oven and broil for 1-2 minutes until meringue is toasted. Watch closely so you don\'t burn it.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight place until ready to serve.